This program is a partnership between the Wakulla County Public Schools and the Wakulla County Supervisor of Elections office.
The Wakulla County “Youth at the Booth” high school student poll worker program provides high school students with an exciting opportunity to serve as poll workers on Election Day.
Civics Education is a high priority for leadership in the State of Florida.
This program benefits the students by:
- Assisting them in earning community service hours
- Provides a hands-on introduction to the democratic process
- Looks great on college/scholarship applications and resumes
- Earn up to $155.00 for Election Day
- Interested students must meet voter registration requirements (as pre-registered 16-year-old)
- Must have parental consent for workers under 18 years of age
- Student participants must complete required poll worker orientation program (4 hours)
- Youth poll workers will be assigned a polling location, and will work Election Day at that site